Tuesday, February 10, 2015

New Website Coming Along

I’ve been telling you that we are working on a new website.  We started last year and had things about ready to go and the eCommerce website that we were using went out of business.

So, we had to start in December transferring to a new web host. It is really coming along and altho’ everything is not completed yet,  you can see where we are by going to…. www.possumcounty.com.

We are currently working on posting product.  But, we have several pages completed.

We’ve grown since we first started around 15 years ago. I started out with George and his Dad’s art. I remember the first time in Atlanta I had only one booth and had some tramp art by George’s dad.

 I had met Missionary Mary Proctor years before that show in Atlanta and we became such good friends. I am so grateful to her for her help and guidance. It is only fitting that I feature her when you come to my homepage.

We’ve met so many interesting people and were so fortunate to meet some of the early folk artists that no longer attend the folk fest show or have passed away.ie Joe Legge, Danny Hoskins, Chris Clark, R.A. Miller, Howard Finster and so many other great artists.

George and I believe we are so blessed to have been married by Reverend Howard  Finster at Paradise Gardens. After all, where would the folk art movement be today without Howard?


I’ll be adding to the blog more regularly once we get everything up and running. Keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment